SAFE. ACCURATE. NON-INVASIVE
What is PrenaTest (NIPT)?
PrenaTest is a safe, accurate, non-invasive prenatal test (NIPT), which screens for certain genetic conditions from as early as week 10 of pregnancy.
The test can be done easily with a simple blood draw. Accurate, safe and non-invasive, PrenaTest poses absolutely no risk to the fetus. All that is required is a blood test.
Goals of NIPT
Benefits of NIPT
Comparison with different Pre-natal methods
What does it screen for?
PrenaTest screens for the most common genetic conditions in a developing baby that are caused by extra or missing chromosomes in the baby’s DNA
Click here for sample report
How does it work?
Did you know that fragments of your baby’s DNA circulate freely in your bloodstream?
- During pregnancy, both mother and the baby’s DNA are present in the maternal blood circulation. The baby’s cell-free DNA will be extracted and/or separated which will then be screened for increased risk of chromosomal abnormalities.
- PrenaTest uses this DNA to safely and accurately test for Downs Syndrome and other common chromosomal abnormalities
- PrenaTest is a non-invasive test (NIPT) – there is no risk to your baby or you!!
Why choose PrenaTest?
- Competitive Test Pricing
- More women are able to afford the test
- Family Planning
- Enables couples to make informative decisions on next course of action IF test result is POSITIVE
- Enables couples to plan ahead of delivery
- PrenaTest® is a CE-marked non-invasive molecular genetics blood test. It has successfully completed the conformity assessment procedures required for CE marking, thus proven its efficiency in terms of the in-vitro diagnostics (IVD) directive of the European Union
- 99% accurate reporting for Trimosy 21, 18 and 13 (qPCR and NGS method)
- 99% accurate reporting for 22q11.2 microdeletion – reported ONLY if cffDNA level is 13% and above (NGS method)
Click here for information on clinical papers