The Fundamental Principle of KREX
- The fundamental principle of our technology is that when the protein of interest is correctly folded, it co-translationally drives the correct folding of BCCP. Which then becomes biotinylated and allows the fusion protein to become attached to the surface.
- On the other hand, when the protein of interest is grossly misfolded, it co-translationally drives misfolding of BCCP so it can no longer become biotinylated, preventing it from attaching to the surface. These proteins simply get washed away.
Surface chemistry of KREX protein arrays
- BCCP-tagged, biotinylated KREX proteins are immobilised onto a customised streptavidin-coated hydrogel surface
- KREX proteins retain their folded structure and function as if they are present in an aqueous environment
- Proteins behave as if they are in free solution
2008 – 2020© Sengenics All rights reserved | Sengenics Corporation Pte Ltd. Registered in Singapore no. 201734100D | Sengenics UK Ltd. Registered in England and Wales No 11016361